01 January 2010

Learning From Brandon Boyd




I suggest we
learn to love ourselves
before it's made illegal

I remember I was in High School when I first heard his awesomeness, Brandon Boyd, giving us this warning through, well, their song Warning (Morning View is a freaking classic). The song made a permanent dent in me, and have become some sort of credo for me since then (along with other Incubus songs; have I mentioned Boyd is awesome?).

Taking it literally, which I think isn't all that bad, I strategically placed 2 lamps in front of my mirror this morning for glam lighting. Haha, yes, vanity (hey admit it, you take self-portraits in front of your mirror with the onboard flash making flares in your reflection. Why not do it with better lighting? Haha). I think we should all learn to love what we see in front of the mirror, despite the seasonal fat *grunt*, the scars, the imperfect teeth, and all our other flaws that are more often that not visibile only to us.

I keep repeating it, but I seriously believe 2010 will be epic -- and it's up to us to make it so, be it through better lighting, or better decisions.

EDIT: 

Wandered around the internet and looked for Boyd's books. Stumbled upon an article posted last year, on Brandon going back to art school. 

"Boyd will focus on painting and sculpture. Although Boyd’s artwork has appeared in Incubus videos and he has published two art books, the singer says he has 'a need to humble myself in the presence of other artists who are younger, better and hungrier than I am. I think it will do good things for my ego.' "

Totally awesome.



No comments: