13 February 2010

Gone to The Military!



I've always hated the whole military cut, ever since it was forced upon our awkward highschool heads for Cadet Training (which I mostly masterfully dodged via strategic club and org meetings, mwahahaha, but I still had to live with the required cut). We had to wear our hair white-side wall-ed, the cut's name probably some allusion to an old military torture device where they chained and disciplined those who had some strand of individuality.

In any case, since I was getting bored with my buzz cut, which had grown into the ugly transition phase since my last shave 3 weeks ago, I decided to try and purposefully subject myself to some form of military cut. You know, just to shake things up and see if I like it.

GQ's barbers are very friendly people (but the post-cut massage wasn't as nice as the ones they do in Bruno's in Katipunan), and Joseph, who was first rather weirded out by my instructions, was very nice and cooperative. While I was asking him to not proceed with thinning out the back portion and leave a straight patch of hair all the way back like a mohawk but not really, he dutifully buzzed and cut away, chiding that I should have it colored too and asked if I was singing in a band, hahahahaha. 

Anyway, I like the whole change, although it made my face rounder than usual (which is not very bad too). I think I'll keep the military cut for a while, just because.

Just don't ask me to wear loose moss-green cargo pants and roll in the dirt again.